Medical device companies all wonder the same thing when they want to launch a product: How long is this going to take? They have healthcare providers they work with that rely on quick order fulfillment; there’s minimal margin for error, and they need to be filled efficiently. That’s why so many device companies work with Remington for their medical device product development and launch.
From defining your marketing strategy to moving your way through the medical device approval process, you have to jump through a number of hoops to make sure everything goes according to plan for releasing a new product.
That’s why Remington Medical has been so successful working with a broad range of clients—we have the resources to bring your medical devices to market efficiently and always at a high quality, no matter the volume. But exactly how long will it take for you to get your product delivered? It depends on a few different criteria, including:
- The complexity of the product design
- The quantity of materials
- What processes are going to be used
- Analysis of market research
We believe in providing our clients with the most thorough, comprehensive range of information possible for all product launches—it’s how we’re able to provide such clear, cohesive product lifecycle management services. Once the criteria are established, we’re able to move forward.
How long it takes to launch specific products depends on a variety of factors. However, we do have a reliable time frame for how long it takes to turn around specific products.
- Metal machined product, non-sterile: 3-4 weeks
- Injection-molded product, non-sterile: 12-16 weeks
- Metal machined product, sterile: 3-4 months
- Injection molded-only product, sterile: 5-6 months
- Mixed material product, sterile: 7-8 months
It’s important to note that while these time frames are relatively straightforward, exceptions have to be made in some scenarios. You should always consult with a Remington Medical representative prior to initiating commercialization so you can receive the most accurate estimate for how long the manufacturing process will take.
Just because your order volume exceeds a certain number doesn’t mean the quality should plummet. Shouldn’t you collaborate with a device manufacturer that can accommodate unique order sizes? At Remington Medical, our manufacturing facilities are more than capable of filling a broad range of orders within a predictable time frame. We’ve worked with clients in several different verticals, always providing them with reliably high-quality devices. For more information on how our team works effectively to deliver on our clients’ needs, reach out to Remington today.
- Explaining the Manufacturing Product Transfer Process for Medical Devices September 22, 2022
- FDA Best Practices for Medical Device Patient Labels August 25, 2022
- Answering FAQs About Doppler Medical Equipment and Vascular Checks August 23, 2022